Thursday, July 14, 2005

The American Dream is a Boot...

I am a 27 year old that has no idea what he wants to do with his life. Obviously, I wanted to become a rock star, and I am in a band, but no one in the band plays any instruments, even though we all own them... So I believe that we will not make it, plus I'm fat... lead singers have to be good looking. So that dream is over...

I hate my job, sales. So one day, I left the office early, at about 10 am, and went home to sulk about my horrible life. Until my best friend came up with an idea... He says: "dude, I know that you are in a horrible mood, do you want to borrow my zoo pass, and go look at the monkeys?"

I think about this for about 10 seconds, and say, enthusiastically: "Yes, yes I do want to go look at monkeys!"

Now obviously not many people come up with this solution for depression, but it will now be my advice to anyone that hates their life. So you, standing on a bridge/building, looking over the edge, go to the zoo.

To get ready for the zoo, I select a few objects... and since I have not been to the zoo for a while, I want to make this a great experience... shorts (I have to take off my suit, it is freaking hot here in Texas), check.... Moleskine (to write about the American Dream), check... IPOD (So I do not have to talk to anyone), check... Sunglasses (so no one can see my glazed eyes), check...

You see, I wanted to spend the afternoon, just listening to music, writing, and just hang out at the zoo, and since I was depressed, and looking for direction in my life, that is why I wrote about the American Dream. Or at least what it is to me...

So if you want to know what the American Dream is, keep reading

American Dream: Do something that you love, get paid lots of money to do it, get laid, and drive a fast car. Simply put, yes? Unfortunately, I won't get paid lots of money to do what I want to do, which is listen to music, watch monkey's, and travel... in fact, those all cost money.

So I sit here, watching the White Cheeked Gibbon, and I figure out what the American Dream is for him... To play with a boot. That is all he has been doing for 30 minutes... and he looks so freaking happy... I want a boot...

I need to stop drinking...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are brilliant, I love you, I was going to kill myself today, but now I think that I will go to the zoo... There is something about a caged monkey that makes me smile! Thank you again!!! :-)

7/14/2005 08:40:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home